Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Happiness is...in the song of a bird.

(photos taken April 15, 2024 with Canon 80D/Canon 75-300mm)

I never thought I would be THAT person. You know, the one who gets a stupid grin on their face watching the birds flit about while singing their song. I always heard the birds as I walked or worked in the yard. I may have even stopped for a moment to watch them on occasion but I'm not sure I really heard the differences in their songs.

Yesterday, as I took Bowen out in the afternoon for a quick stroll I noticed a bird I hadn't seen before near the feeder, and I didn't even have my cell phone to capture it! It had a red ring around its neck and it was soooo pretty. Once we returned I decided to pick up my big-girl camera and see if the adorable little bird was still hanging about. Sadly, it wasn't but there were several, what I think may be, Song Sparrows?

I really don't know much about birds but one thing I learned yesterday is that I could sit for hours watching them come and go. I also learned I have no idea how to actually photograph birds flying around but I certainly plan to figure it out. I purposely am sharing the bird in flight that I totally missed focus on to have as a reminder of where I was the first time I made an attempt to capture the birds. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some great shots in the coming months.

TODAY: Another laundry day, floor cleaning, Pilates, and since the sun is shining, I will get outside enjoying every second working in the yard.

No comments: