Friday, April 12, 2024

Randomography: good food, good wine, good company

As the weekend creeps upon us I find myself celebrating a couple of small victories.

First up, while I did Pilates yesterday, I suddenly became aware that I am getting ever so closer to the mat while doing tricep pushups. Go me!

Secondly, I prepared meals consistently this week, even when including a date night out of junk food. I have a tendency to have an "all or nothing" attitude when it comes to exercise and nutrition, and I am slowly getting back to the 80/20 mentality I once had. Preparing and eating food that we like plus the clean up afterward is actually becoming an enjoyable experience...especially with my guy beside me :)

Monday we enjoyed BBQ steak, potatoes, grilled onions & mushrooms with a salad (yum!); Tuesday was a herb crusted roasted pork tenderloin with roasted carrots and salad (yum!); Wednesday we had a date night of wings & nachos; Yesterday we made fajitas with leftover steak and pork and freshly made tortillas (yum!); today it will be fish tacos and salad using up the remaining tortillas prepared yesterday. I really would like to continue planning meals this way ensuring nothing gets wasted.

Before we got supper on the go, we started our evening with an attempt to put up the clothesline for the season. After having to trim off the section that was damaged last year we weren't sure there would be enough line but we gave it a good try. 

Unfortunately, we were just shy of having enough line so I will make a quick trip to town today for a replacement. I can't wait until the clothesline can be put to good use! I'm not sure there's anything better than crawling into bed with fresh sheets from the line.

As I was rolling out the tortillas for supper, my guy reminded me we have a press for that. Oops! I continued to use my handy-dandy rolling pin and he used the press. I must admit I do prefer the ones rolled out with the rolling pin because they were thinner overall. The shape of the ones he made was definitely better though!

While I was finishing up the prep, my guy went searching for sangria that was made last year. We decided to try a few bags instead of bottles for some of it and have never got around to drinking it. He found that one of the bags was puffed up enough that it looked like it would explode. Now that would make a mess, so we decided it was imperative to release the pressure of the bag AND what's the best way to do that? ...drink it of course. Ha! We had no luck finding the box to put such a bag of wine into so we decided the best we could do was make a wine casserole.

You do what you gotta do, right?

TODAY: We're in for fog and rain for the next several days so today it will be Pilates, errands, cleaning and cooking. I may squeeze in a bit of time learning a few new buttercream flowers too!

Happy weekending folks!

XO Lisa

No comments: